Are you interested in automating your online real estate business?
There’s a phrase that I’m sure you’ve heard before in business, “set it and forget it”. The truth is that’s exactly what you can do with an online autoresponder. As you know it’s very important to keep in touch with everyone that you’re doing business with and here’s the secret that has worked in our business!
- Find and autoresponder that you like. There are a few that I can recommend to you. We use MailChimp because it looks great and is free if your list is 1000 or less. Another autoresponder that Seattle Real Estate Investing has used (and liked) is Aweber. The benefit of using Aweber is it’s ease of use. There’s a little longer learning curve when using MailChimp so keep that in mind when choosing your autoresponder. The downside to Aweber is that it does cost you money right off the bat.
- Spend a couple of hours designing a great header and overall format for your emails. You should take some time to make your emails look nice. Everyday we get complimented on the look of our emails! It’s does make a difference!
- Write your autoresponders. These should be very informative and thoughtful messages. Give people a reason to look forward to your messages. You should know that it’s cool if you are selling things, but just make sure that you’re not overselling. As a rule of thumb we try not to sell more than once a month max. I recommend writing about 3 months worth of informative real estate content at 1 email per week. Then you can put a reminder into your calendar 3 months down the road to write your new autoresponders for the next 3 months.
- Review: at the 3 month mark when you’re sitting down to write your next 3 months of autoresponders make sure to review your old autoresponders to make sure that they still sound like you, and are relevant to the real estate times.
- Building great content! If you ever see anything online or in the great outdoors that would help your contacts make sure to make a note of it in a swipe file. This is a file where you grab and keep good ideas for later. I like to take a screenshot or a picture and add it to my Evernote program. If you’re not using Evernote you should give it a try!
- Last! Allow your contacts to give you feedback on your content. Ask them for it at the bottom of your emails. The truth is that most people will never email you, but when they do it’s usually good information that can really help your autoresponder content.
Feel free to sign up for our autoresponder to see what we’re up to by putting your name and email in the box to the right.
If you have any questions about Seattle real estate, real estate in general, or online marketing feel free to email me at