To be a successful real estate investor you only have to do a few things well…
Marketing, and talking with people.
Of course there are a few other things that help out. Like know how to value repairs, and predicting after repair values. But the truth is you can find people to do those things for you if need be.
The whole point of this that you don’t have to do everything, and you really shouldn’t be.
Go partner with someone who likes to do what you do not like doing.
For example, if you like talking to people then do the acquisitions, and find someone else to do the marketing. Or visa versa.
If you like to write… then be in charge of getting a blog post up every week on your site. If not, hire someone, or partner with someone to do it.
This is really easy once you start asking other people what they like to do. Ask questions, and you’ll find people that you can work with.
Just please don’t do everything!
If you cannot find people to partner with, do those things that you don’t like to do long enough that you can train someone else to do them. Then hire someone to do those things, train them, and get back to doing what you enjoy doing.
Let’s break this down..
1. Write out everything that you have to do in your real estate business.
2. Write down all of the things that you enjoy doing.
3. Write down all of the things that you’d rather have someone else do.
4. Write down who you think might like to do those things if you partnered with them.
5. Have coffee with your potential partners, and ask them what they think.
6. Put contracts in place that clarify the relationship between you and your partner(s).
7. Get to work doing what you like!
The hardest part is getting started. But when you get it right you’ll have time for fun in and out of your business!
Just know that partnerships don’t always workout, but that’s ok. Because once you find the partnerships that work, you’ll never believe that you were able to do it any other way.
Good luck, let me know of you have any questions.